Perfect that smile by replacing missing teeth with dental implants.
Why Are Dental Implants Necessary?
Although there are numerous technological advances in dental care, millions of Americans still experience the loss of one or more teeth. The main reasons for this are:
- Tooth decay
- Serious injury, such as a fracture or crack
What Is A Dental Implant?
It is a structure that supplants the root of a tooth. They provide a sturdy base to affix permanent or removable teeth that replicate your natural teeth.
Until recently, the only resort for a missing tooth or teeth were bridges or dentures, but now many people are turning to dental implants as a another option.
Missing teeth can be an embarrassing ordeal in public situations. Whether your missing teeth are due to an injury, tooth decay, age, or gradual wearing down, dental implants can help bring back that beautiful smile.
Dental implants are small posts made of titanium that act as the “root” for the dental crown, bridge or denture. Dental Implants with a crown, however, serve as a great alternative to dentures or dental bridges. The implant is set in the upper or lower jaw where it acts as the foundation for your new crown. After the procedure, you will feel a much more stable fit for chewing and speaking as the dental implant feels and performs like your natural teeth. It will also help sustain jawbone health as missing teeth raise the likelihood of bone loss.
The procedure involves surgery to set the implant in the jawbone where the missing tooth used to be. Once the bone has healed and created a firm foundation, you will be ready to have the crowns fitted to the implants. Your dentist will create a custom tailored crown, bridge or denture to complete the smile makeover.
Replacing missing teeth will boost confidence and give that youthful look that you want. Implants also improve life-quality by eliminating everyday problems that come with missing or damaged teeth.
Do Implants Have Advantages Over Bridges Or Dentures?
Certainly. They include:
- Cosmetic appearance – They look and feel like the original tooth and since they meld into the bone structure, they become permanent.
- Clear speech – On many occasions, dentures slide around in the mouth causing patients to have a lisp or not be able to pronounce some words clearly. This is not the case with dental implants as they will always remain firmly in position.
- Comfort – You do not have to remove implants, so they are just like having normal teeth.
- Meals are much more enjoyable – Dentures can impact how a person chews or cause them to avoid certain foods that cause discomfort.
- A Better Self Image – Implants can make a patient smile again, which always makes a person feel good about themselves!
- Enhanced Oral Health – Because adjacent teeth do not need to be altered for implants, the remaining structure of the mouth is left unaltered. They can also allow for more access to neighboring teeth for cleaning purposes.
- Strength – Implants are extremely durable and can last a lifetime with the appropriate dental hygiene regimen.
- Expediency – Patients do not have to remove dental implants. They are just like regular teeth!
Are Dental Implants Effective?
Subject to where the implants are placed within the jaw, they can have a success rate of up to 98 percent.
Contact Quail Creek Dental today to schedule an appointment and determine if you are a candidate for dental implants!